Seasoned with LoveHattiesburg, MS
1. What inspired you to choose to start this particular business / industry?
“I wanted to be an entrepreneur rather than continue to challenge the status-quo in restaurants where I worked when I KNEW my ideas would be better. I was constantly butting heads with the owners or the people who controlled the food prep.” Will
2. Explain your business and what is special or unique about it?
Seasoned with Love is the perfect place to choose if you want convenience, NO work, and great-tasting food results, whether for catering, take-and-bake casseroles, sides, desserts or whatever we can create together. We are dependably ON TIME, delicious, and available for ordering by phone, online, text or via EZ Cater and Wedding Wire.
3. What was your biggest challenge on the path to entrepreneurship?
“Definitely, planning to work with someone and not vetting it better beforehand. It was expensive and difficult to start-up then buy out a co-worker’s equity. Next would be developing a clear culture at work, then maintaining consistently high-quality products and delivering them on-time every time.”
4. What was the most helpful resource / piece of advice / workshop at the MSBDC in your opinion and how did it help you?
“Honestly, ALL of the advice was and is important, and all has been good. Having a process rather than not knowing what we were getting into and not knowing exactly how to go forward. It removed the mystery – all of that was helpful and important. It’s a beautiful thing to make a phone call or shoot an email and get a solid answer to our questions.”
5. What did you learn at the MSBDC that surprised you?
“The surprising range of services and help you all offer, available at no cost.”