Notice: Undefined variable: menu_item_parent_id in /home/demeter/websites/ms_small_biz_dev_center/wp-content/themes/sbdc/functions.php on line 156
What We Do
Mississippi SBDC Capital Access Specialists offer no-cost consulting and low-cost training to help you locate, prepare, and obtain financing. Whether you’re looking for a traditional bank loan, government-backed loan, or a loan provided by an alternative lender, our specialists have the tools, expertise, and resources to help you obtain the financing needed to succeed.
While MSSBDCs do not loan money or administer grants, our Capital Access Specialists maintain valuable relationships, public and private, with local lenders and understand their lending requirements. These relationships are so productive that lenders often require their business borrowers to work with a MSSBDC before considering a loan or finance application.
Types and Sources of Financing
Below is a sampling of the various types and sources of loans our specialists provide assistance with, including:
Loans / Debt Financing
- Commercial Finance Companies
- Intermediary Lenders
- Banks and Credit Unions
- Conventional Loan
- Line of Credit
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Programs
- 7(a) Loan: Long-or short-term working capital needs, inventory, and equipment purchases, expansion/renovation, starting a business or refinance existing debt
- CDC/504 Loan: Long-term, fixed-rate financing to acquire fixed assets for expansion/ modernization for major assets such as land, buildings, machinery
- Disaster Loans: Business Physical Disaster Loans; Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Export Loans
- Mississippi Back to Business Loan Fund Program
- Microfinance Guarantee Program
- Mississippi Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
Other Sources of Financing
- Microloan Funds
- Venture Capital
- Angel Investors
How do I get started?
If you are a new business, visit the New Business section of our website. If you are an existing business, visit the Existing Business section. You must complete the prerequisites prior to receiving individual consulting assistance.
Once completed, you will complete the online Request for Consulting application that will be forwarded to the Mississippi SBDC that serves your area.
Within three business days, you will be contacted by the Mississippi SBDC to get started on your path to success.
Register for No Cost Counseling